Transgender/Gender Therapy Services
A major part of my psychotherapy practice, as well as my professional life, is devoted to working with and for persons who identity as transgender and gender non-conforming, as well as those who are wishing to explore their gender.
You and Your Gender Identity: A Guide to Discovery
Click here to order
Questions about one's gender identity and gender expression can pose enough distress in someone's life that they wish to use the services of a gender therapist to help them sort things out.
For some this distress can be strong enough that they might experience Gender Dysphoria (the degree that someone's felt sense of gender doesn't align with their assigned-sex/gender-at-birth, therefore the gender they are perceived as).
The intensity may be severe enough that the need for social and/or medical intervention is necessary.
If you are interested in or considering going through any or all of the stages of transitioning, there are guidelines called the WPATH Standards of Care for the Health of Transgender, Transsexual, and Gender-nonconforming People that therapists and physicians are strongly encouraged to follow (you can download a copy of this document here).
I am happy to help you navigate and explain these Standards of Care to you during our free consultation so that, together, we can begin to plan your transition timeline.
During this consultation we can also discuss my other services, which include:
- Assessment for letters to physicians and surgeons (Hormone Replacement Therapy, Top Surgery/Breast Augmentation Surgery, Gender Affirming Surgery/SRS)
- Counseling services for support and encouragement during the transition process.
- Referrals for couples counseling and family counseling to provide assistance everyone affected by the transition.
- Consultation and referrals for working with children who are gender variant, gender non-conforming, transgender, etc.
- Resources for the legal aspects of transitioning such as legal name change, gender marker change, your rights as protected under the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act, etc.
- Referrals for support groups, medical care, treatments (such as electrolysis/hair removal), spiritual direction, etc.
- Counseling services to explore the wide range of gender issues and topics.
I am also available as a consultant, guest presenter, panel member, and trainer, as well as being available for interviews requiring the expertise of a gender therapist. Please contact me at email@example.com for a list of my past experience in these areas and to discuss availability and price.